How To Root Infinix Note 3 without Twrp

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones' started by Olayanju Kabir, Aug 9, 2017.

Infinix
Tags:
  1. Olayanju Kabir

Olayanju Kabir Itz Kofem Staff Member

After 2 weeks of boredom I finally find a way to root my Infinix note 3 with Carliv Touch Recovery and I feel the need to share this on this forum. The process is still the same by flashing the recovery with sp flash tool and installing the super su.zip, I don't know if I will be given the previledge to upload the files here so others can enjoy this benefit because it took me two weeks to find a way.

Prerequisites

-A PC with Mediatek Vcom Drivers properly intalled
    - SP Flash Tool
    - A working USB cable
    - Infinix X601 (Switched OFF)
    - A working brain

Now to the procedure

1. Download the Recovery zip from the link provided below https://mega.nz/#!2pMywRiQ!Utc7QCSKGD_JcacOqS2ueOxGi3Xlu3xjRYvGhuz7Ak0

2. Extract the zip into a new folder
    Both the scatter and the recovery image should be in the same folder

3. Start SP Flash Tool and load the scatter from the folder where you extracted the zip

4. After loading the scatter, click on Download option on the flash tool without making any other changes
    At this stage, make sure your Note 3 is already switched off

5. Connect the switched off phone to the PC with the usb cable for the flashing process to start
    If you met the prerequisites, you should see a red progress bar, followed by a yellow one and finally a tick appears to show that the recovery has been flashed successfully

6. Unplug the cable from the phone

7. Now Press Volume Up + Power key to boot into recovery to confirm that the recovery has been flashed successfully

Congrats, You now have a working custom recovery for your Infinix X601

READ ALSO: How To Disable Iphone Camera Sound When Taking Pictures

HOW TO ROOT INFINIX NOTE 3 - X601

1. Download the supersu zip provided in the download section and place it in the root of your external sdcard. https://mega.nz/#!y89kDDgD!_gqPFrKnJFDnBgEjoys51crLXzjbAc8KwT2KGvfwdB0

2. Reboot your X601 into CTR recovery

3. Go to >> Install Zip >> Choose zip from Sdcard >> and confirm to flash it

4. Reboot after the flashing process is complete

DO NOT interfere with the device in any way when it is rebooting even if you find like it's bootlooping - This is because the boot image is patched for rooting to be successful

The device will then boot normally and you will find SuperSU in your apps

You can download your favourite root checker app to confirm.

2. Loading...